• Find Your Loan Consultant
  • Apply Now
  • Find Your Loan Consultant
  • Apply Now



We're here to help! If you can't find the information you're looking for below, find a loan consultant who can help you personally.


Veterans or active service personnel who have bought previous homes with a VA loan before may still have remaining entitlement. Here’s how your current VA loan entitlement is determined.

You may qualify for a new VA loan if:

  • The property purchased with the prior VA loan has been sold and the loan paid in full.
  • If a qualified veteran buyer agrees to assume your VA loan and substitute his or her entitlement for the same amount of entitlement originally used to buy the home.

The entitlement may also be restored if the veteran has repaid a prior VA loan in full, and has not sold the property purchased with the loan.

When the property is awarded to a spouse as a result of divorce, entitlement cannot be restored unless:
  • The spouse refinances the property and / or pays off the VA loan in full, or
  • The ex-spouse is a veteran or member of the military who offers to substitute their entitlement.

Everyone is required to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). If you don’t have a COE, you will need to apply for one using VA Form 26-1880. This will require a copy of your DD-214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty). After you produce your COE, your Loan Consultant will assist you with other required documents. These may include banking, savings and current employment information.

Although there is no maximum VA loan amount, (limited only by the reasonable value or the purchase price), 100% financing is limited to the maximum Conventional Loan Limit for the county where your home is located. Loan limits are reviewed and may change annually. Ask your Caliber Loan Consultant to confirm this amount.

If you have served a total of six years in the Selected Reserves or National Guard (member of an active unit, attended required weekend drills and 2-week active duty for training) and received an honorable discharge; or if you currently serve in the Selected Reserves, you may be eligible. Reservists who completed less than six years of service may also be eligible if they were discharged for a service-connected disability. In addition, reservists and National Guard members who were activated on or after August 2, 1990, served at least 90 days and were discharged honorably may be eligible.

Visit eBenefits online to apply for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE).  If you need assistance with requesting your COE, find a Caliber Loan Consultant.  Caliber has helped many veterans replace lost military records. 

It may be possible for you to use your VA entitlement to buy a home. Your Caliber Loan Consultant will research your VA loan history and inform you of the amount of entitlement you may use (if any).